Virtually any food product that can be pumped through a 50mm pipe can be cooked or blanched using the AMT system. Even many difficult sticky liquids can be processed. The combination of the unique PTFE treatment chamber which remains at the same temperature as the product and the AMT mixing system which can be added keeps even the thickest liquids moving.
Suspended solids like diced meats and vegetables (potatoes, carrot, turnip), peas, whole and diced fruit can be cooked or blanched on a continuous basis without damage using modern pump technology.
Pasteurising and Sterilising temperatures are more rapidly and evenly attained due to the instant delivery of energy through the total volume of the liquid. This allows thermal retention times to be reduced not only reducing costs but also allowing greater functionality to be retained.
There are numerous advantages to using the AMT system in food processing.
- Cooking and processing costs are reduced.
- Overall capital costs are reduced.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Small equipment footprint reduces building requirements.
- Very controllable. Energy can be introduced in varying amounts and then immediately stopped.
- Eliminates thermal boundary effects and flavour taints.
- Reduced heating times preserve the functionality of food (less vitamin damage, better colour, flavour and texture.)
- Allows difficult high protein products to be cooked. e.g. eggs, blood, etc.
- Allows many batch processes to be made into continuous processes.
- Makes aseptic filling very easy.
- Generally allows lower operating pressures and temperatures to be used.
- Lowers engineering and insurance costs.
- Very flexible allowing different products to be cooked using the same machine.
- Infinitely variable and scaleable using the modular nature of the system. A cooking system can customised and developed for an almost infinite range of flow rates, cooking times, retention times and cooling times by adjusting the number and size of microwave units, their spacing and adjusting product flow.
- Easily cleaned reducing CIP costs and downtime.